Well, we have been really busy since my last post, so I’ll
just start from there. Elena and I went out to visit my family in Illinois.
Let’s just say, her being mobile made traveling very…. interesting. We took the
shuttle to SLC and she did fine, but once we got to the airport she was not
content to sit on my lap and once it was time for a nap she was inconsolable,
so basically, she cried the entire way there. I got shushed by people on the
plane and I wanted to cry myself by the time we landed in St. Louis. The
pink eye she came down with the day before was just the cherry on top of it
all. It’s just a very long travel day. Once we got there, it was great though! Elena’s
pink eye cleared up and we had a blast hanging out with my family. I even got
to go see The Hunger Games and go other places “baby-less”! It was fabulous! We
were also able to go to some of Zach’s track meets and we got Elena’s ears
pierced, which was so fun! The day before we were supposed to head back (and
three days before her birthday), Elena was up all night with a runny nose and
just feeling crappy. I ended up having to take her to urgent care and came to
find she had a cold and double ear infection. How perfect…. right before her
birthday, not to mention the 14-hour travel day the next day. Getting back was
just as bad as getting out there-tears the entire way, luckily, my amazing hubby picked us up in
Salt Lake so I wouldn’t have to do the 5-hour shuttle trip with her alone. We were terrible at taking pictures during the trip, but here are the few that I have...
Pierced ears
Her antibiotic for her ear infection sure made her tired. It's always scary when they are all lethargic like that.
On the plane on the way home. Poor girl :(




No comments:
Post a Comment