May 7, 2013

It's been a while...


Well, Elena is playing peacefully on her own and Cale is at work for the night so what better time than now to write a little update?

I'm so bad at this. I guess I'll start where I left off in November. We had a great, not to mention, low maintenance Thanksgiving with just our little family. Rotisserie chicken, anyone? Pretty soon after that, I GRADUATED! I literally did a little dance in my kitchen as I submitted my last assignment for BYU-Idaho. I am starting to look into colleges with a radiology program to get into ultrasound sonography.  It probably won't be for a while that I can actually start because we're not sure where we're going to end up. I love being a stay at home mom right now and wouldn't have it any other way. Cale did a great job on his fall semester, as well. It's amazing what a difference there is in school when you actually like your major!

For Christmas, we were able to head out to Illinois for a week. It's always great to go back home for the holidays. And boy, were we spoiled! It went so fast that we didn't even think to take very many pictures. These are from opening presents Cale's family sent over.



And someone LOVED Santa this year...


Cale was able to take some time off work and we drove over to Washington for a little while to visit his family back in February. It's sometimes a downer that we're the only ones that don't live close, but it's always fun to go visit. We had a lot of get-togethers, did some shopping and got see some of our nieces and nephews play some of their sports. Cale and I were even able to go on a date for Valentine's! We had a lot of fun seeing everyone!

Winter always drags around Rexburg and this year was no exception. Elena and I kept busy with crafts, toys, movies and games and once in a blue moon, we would go play in the snow. Definitely not my fave, but she loved it.




By the time March rolled around, Elena and I were getting ready to head off to Illinois for another trip. We were there for two weeks and I was able to run my first half-marathon with my dad and brother! I had been training since January and was so nervous by the time it came. You can only do so much with a treadmill and it was WAY too cold to train outside. My goal was to finish and to not walk and I did it! I was so excited when I finished that I signed up for another one during my post-race pedicure :) Now, I'm running the Teton Dam half-marathon on June 8th and I'm running in the Ragnar relay in Utah two weeks later. Aside from the race, we had a blast hanging out with my family in Illinois. We were there for Easter and I had a lot of fun playing Easter bunny with my parents. We were really sad to leave, but it was nice to get back home and see Cale. Elena was angelic on the plane and in the airport.






 Sleeping in church haha!





The day after we got back, Elena turned 2! She doesn't really like cake, so we went down the street and got some cake batter fro-yo at Kiwi Loco, put a candle and sprinkles on it and called it good. She had so much fun with the singing and presents that she has been talking about birthday parties ever since. (Luckily, Cale's birthday is coming up next week!)








I can't believe how grown up this girl is! She is so polite. Instead of crying (usually), she says, "Help me, please." She is always saying "please" and "thank you" and lately has started calling everyone "sweetheart". It's hilarious! She can communicate pretty much anything she wants with words and she understands whatever we say to her. She knows all of her body parts, animal noises, shapes and colors and she can count to twenty in English and ten in Spanish. She knows how to sing the ABC's (for the most part), Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Old McDonald, Popcorn Popping, Once There Was A Snowman, and Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam. Right now we are working on writing her name. I thought that we were ready to potty train, but she got sick this last week and now has shown no interest whatsoever. Ugh! She has gone on the toilet a lot, but it has just been random and nothing super consistent. We'll work on it some more :) She loves babies and takes such good care of her dollies. When she wakes up in the morning she yells from her crib, "Mommy, (or Daddy) get me out!" She is absolutely obsessed with Dora and I often bribe her with it. Not nice, I know. Lately, she has turned into a snuggle bug. She comes to me and says, "Come here. I snuggle you." Talk about melting my heart! Lately, I've been teaching her a little bit of yoga just for fun. Her favorite is downward dog and she's actually pretty good at it! She is such a girly-girl and is obsessed with pretties. She gets on me if her toe nails aren't painted. It's been warming up and we've been able to head over to the park a couple times. She loves it! I'm so blessed to be her mommy!
















-->

No comments:

Post a Comment